RAFLing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website

+5
BARRY GREGORY
Droog Robinson
LJB
Kerry Burke
donstu880
9 posters

Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Gatow Old Boys

Post  Joan McGovern Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 am

Very Happy Thanks Don. Pleased to hear the Message Board & Guest Book are to continue.
Take Care.

Joan McGovern

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Message Board & Guest Book

Post  donstu880 Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:36 pm

In view of the number of comments regrding the imminent closure of the gatow Old Boys Website i have decided to maintain access to the Message Board & Guest Book, which are independent of the actual website itself - for the time being at least.

If you go to my Stuart's In Spain website http://sites.google.com/site/stuartsinspain/ you will find links to the Message Board & Guest Book.

Regards

Don

donstu880
Admin

http://donstuart.com

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty closure of www.gatow.org

Post  alanr Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 pm

I was very sorry to hear that Don is giving up his Gatow Old Boys' site. I am sure we all agree that it has done more than anything to bring a lot of us back in contact. I have been a regular visitor and occasional contributor to the site for many years and want to thank Don for all his hard work. I know from experience how much time and effort is needed to administer a website.

The Rafling site at www.rafling.co.uk has been given bit of a facelift and also has a message board, so I hope that those of you who haven't done so yet will have a quick peek at it and maybe supply some photos or stories to keep it timely and interesting. It can only happen with your help.

Alan Robson
PS I have not received any request from LJB to approve his request for an account

alanr

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Rafling site

Post  LJB Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Well, so much for that. I visited the Rafling site a week ago to register, got the confirmation email that my account had been opened and tried to log in. Nada!!! I keep trying and it keeps telling me that my account is awaiting approval from an administrator. Obviously they're not desperate to sign up new members. Or have I upset someone there?? What a Face
LJB
LJB

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Closure of Gatow Site

Post  Joan McGovern Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 am

Sad Well Don, must admit I've made no contributions to the site but often visit.
Maybe if we all made an effort to contribute a little more we could save it. I would miss `dropping in' if it closed down. Sad

Joan McGovern

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Closure of web site.

Post  Nick Greenlees Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Like numerous other 'old' linguists, I will be sad to see the demise of this site. Whilst not using it regularly, I do like to log in and see if there's any news from my era, although 'Sad News' seems to be the most prevelant nowadays. Let's hope there may be a reprieve by a 'knight in shining armour'. Well done Don for all the work over the years.

Nick Greenlees

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Re: Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website

Post  dtatham Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Dear Don

So sad to hear of the impending demise of Gatow Old Boys. Obviously some people rely on the site albeit infrequently, so please reconsider or think about passing the Admin to a willing Prodogy.
I have used the site in the past a few times, and although I, like many, have joined RAFling and follow activities/links on facebook, there will be a great loss to 'The Original' that you have spent, I,m sure, many many hours starting up and nurturing for many years so.................don,t do it! Everything has it,s place for someone.

I will put yet another link to 'Gatow Old Boys' on facebook and see what happens!

Many Thanks Don
Denise

dtatham

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Closing Down

Post  BARRY GREGORY Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Don,

This is a real shame. Although I don't contribute much, I log on once a month from South African to see what's new. Thanks you very much for all the effort you have put in over the years. Regards Barry Gregory.

BARRY GREGORY

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Closing Down

Post  Droog Robinson Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:46 pm

That's sad to hear, Don.

Thanks for putting in the time to create and maintain this site.

Droog Robinson

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Shame

Post  LJB Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear that Don. It's a shame people don't use this site, especially as it is the original one for us ex-lingies. So far I have managed to avoid signing up to the Rafling site but if this one dies then I shall reluctantly have to give in.

Do you think the rise of Facebook, which has groups for Gatow, 26SU etc, is responsible for the demise of your site?
LJB
LJB

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Site

Post  Kerry Burke Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Don't do it Don !!!! It's still very popular with everyone. As you said, it's had a good run though and thanks.... Kerry

Kerry Burke

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website

Post  donstu880 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm afraid that the Gatow Old Boys site will cease to exist on or about 13 Nov. Those of you who visit the site on a regular basis will no doubt have noticed that there as been very little in the way of new material on the site, apart from the Message Board and the Guest Book. The RAFling website is now the main one for all things Linguistic (http://www.rafling.co.uk/index.html). I trust that this will not cause too much anguish - we have had a good run - about 10 years by my reckoning - all good things must come to an end sometime. I suggest that those of you who were in the habit of using the GAtow Old Boys Message Board switch to the RAFling one.

Any comments/suggestions welcome

до свидания

дон

donstu880
Admin

http://donstuart.com

Back to top Go down

Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website Empty Re: Impending demise of Gatow Old Boys website

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down