RAFLing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Aspden

Go down

George Aspden Empty George Aspden

Post  donstu880 Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:31 pm

(Following is a copy of a message posted on the RAFling Facebook Group by Mike Hancock)

I’m sending you this message as I’ve found your email address as a RAFLING contact on my father’s computer.
I’m sorry to say that my father, George Aspden, passed away peacefully in hospital on Wednesday 14 October after a very short illness. He was admitted to hospital with pneumonia and died a few days later.
I know that he very pleased to have joined RAFLING and he very much enjoyed the get-togethers and holidays. In particular, I know that he thoroughly enjoyed a short break in Yorkshire and a holiday in Berlin with RAFLING colleagues. More recently he joined you all for a few days in Leicester last year. We are so pleased that he was able to lead a full and independent life right up until he went into hospital just days before his death.
I should be grateful if you could pass this information on to anyone who might remember him in RAFLING. For information, George’s funeral will be held on Tuesday 3rd November at 11.40am at West Herts Crematorium, Garston, Hertfordshire, WD25 O15. There will be family flowers only, but if anyone wishes to make a donation to the RAF Association they can do so care of: L C Weston Funeral Directors, 14 Leyton Road, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 2HY (01582 712865).
With best wishes
Susan Aspden (daughter)

donstu880
Admin

http://donstuart.com

Back to top Go down