RAFLing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mick Louth

+2
dave.hanna
donstu880
6 posters

Go down

Mick Louth Empty Missed this completely

Post  colophone Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 pm

I've just heard about Mick and am still in shock. There's no way I could have made the funeral anyway as I was out of the country, but I would at least have liked to talk to Irene. Very sad to hear that. He was a friend right from aptitude test, through Swinderby etc. and on to 11L1 at Luffenham. Any contact details possible for Irene?

colophone

Back to top Go down

Mick Louth Empty Mick Louth's Funeral

Post  alanr Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 am

There was a large turnout for the event, well over 100 people attended and the day went as well as this sort of thing can. Irene and Michelle, their daughter were very pleased to see such a large gathering and we enjoyed a couple of drinks and a buffet at Mick's local pub, where he had been the quizmaster.

Unfortunately, only seven of Mick's old RAF friends (plus four wives) attended which was not impressive. I know that Mick was a lapsed member but even so there are plenty of people living in that area who I thought would have made the effort. Nevertheless, it was good to meet up with John and Jan Atwell, Dave and Mrs Hyam, Dave and Wendy Hannah, Gordon Bishop, Ian Martin and Al Dalton again.

Alan Robson

alanr

Back to top Go down

Mick Louth Empty Mick Louth's funeral

Post  david theaker Fri May 27, 2011 12:16 am

Sorry can't make it as we are in Budapest next week. Hope for a good Rafling turnout. Dave Theaker

david theaker

Back to top Go down

Mick Louth Empty Funeral details for Mick Louth

Post  donstu880 Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 pm

The funeral details are as follows:

Thursday 2nd June 2011 at 2.15pm
Cheltenham Crematorium, North Chapel
Family flowers only

donstu880
Admin

http://donstuart.com

Back to top Go down

Mick Louth Empty Mick Louth

Post  Mike Hancock Wed May 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Sad news indeed. I had a lot of time for Mick. Do you have any contact details for Irene Don?

Mike Hancock

Back to top Go down

Post  dave.hanna Mon May 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Don,

Steve Tedd lives in the Cheltenham area and works at GCHQ. May be able to get contact details via my son-in-law

Dave Hanna

dave.hanna

Back to top Go down

Post  donstu880 Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Mick's wife Irene has just informed of the sad news that after a short battle with cancer Mick passed away on Saturday evening (21.05.11). He was given 6 months a fortnight ago, but became ill at the beginning of last week, was taken into Cheltenham hospital and did not recover. Michelle (his daughter, aged 25) and Irene were both with him.

Details of funeral will be posted later.

Irene has been trying unsuccessfully to contact Steve Tedd, so if anyone has contact details please le me know.

Don

donstu880
Admin

http://donstuart.com

Back to top Go down

Mick Louth Empty Re: Mick Louth

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down