RAFLing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Boyle

3 posters

Go down

Phil Boyle Empty Phil Boyle RIP

Post  peterh Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Having just joined the forum, I was very sorry to read of Phil's passing. I have good memories of Phil and his group,(I think it was called Orange Box).He was extremely musical, and what's more a good friend.

peterh

Back to top Go down

Phil Boyle Empty Re: Phil Boyle

Post  LJB Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 pm

That really is sad news. I first met Phil when I arrived at NL to start my Russian course (11L1) and we kept in touch with Phil and Pat until we left Berlin in 89. Vicki and I have many fond memories of times spent with them. Sometimes we'd go and visit them in Nollendorfer Strasse and end up staying until I had to go back on shift.

Please pass on our condolences to Pat and family.
LJB
LJB

Back to top Go down

Phil Boyle Empty Phil Boyle

Post  Peter Rumming Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 pm

The very sad news is that Phil Boyle has recently passed away at his home in Cyprus.

Colin Hall has given me the following information to post on the message board.

"In the weeks before his death Phil had fallen a couple of times but Pat had managed to pick him up and sit him in his chair. On the morning he died (Friday 28th August) she woke up at 5.45 and found him lying near the bedroom, already dead.

After all the blows to his body over the years (strokes, aneurism, pneumonia etc.) I believe the final cause of death was natural. He had not suffered in the time up to his death, apart from
the disabilities he had had for years caused by his strokes back in Berlin.

Eileen and I were out there last year in April, and he seemed to be perfectly happy in his house high in the hills above Limasol.

His funeral was held in the Catholic church in Limasol last Wednesday (2nd Sept at 3 p.m.); there were about fifty people at the service, and he was buried in the British cemetery 30 minutes' drive south of Limasol (the name escapes me right now). Pat gave me the honour of giving the eulogy to Phil, possibly because I was the only one of his former RAF friends there. As we were leaving the church they played a tape of Phil singing in the Country Squires, which made it a highly emotional moment.

One fewer in our fraternity. He'll be greatly missed.
(Phil was at Gatow from 1968 until 1971 on C Watch.)"

Among his many personal qualities Phil was a talented muscian and gave great pleasure to many of us on many occasions. He is a sad loss.

Last edited by Peter Rumming on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Errors in text)

Peter Rumming

Back to top Go down

Phil Boyle Empty Re: Phil Boyle

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum